Our Quick Reviews bring you great movie recommendations without the spoilers.
Plot: Zombeavers is an action horror/comedy in which a group of college kids staying at a riverside cabin are menaced by a swarm of deadly zombie beavers. A weekend of sex and debauchery soon turns gruesome as the beavers close in on the kids. The kids soon find themselves fighting for their lives in a desperate attempt to fend off the hoard of beavers that attack them in and around their cabin.
If you’re one of the few that hasn’t seen the viral trailer for the movie, Zombeavers (2014) is an ultra-crude and over-the-top comedy-horror directed by Jordan Rubin.
What we liked:
- Features comedic, cheesy beaver puppets, rather than cheesy CGI.
- Remains entertaining for its entire, albeit short, duration.
- Great fun to watch with friends and some beer.
What we didn’t like:
- While we didn’t mind it, the politically incorrect nature of the movie will not be for everyone.
- The short, 70 minute run-time.
If you liked the trailer you’ll probably enjoy the movie as well, but be warned that you’ve already seen most of the good parts. Zombeavers is one of the most intensely juvenile and goofy comedy horrors we’ve seen in years, but we’re OK with that. Recommended.
Rating: 6 out of 10
Watch the Zombeavers trailer: